To sign up for a Gift App account, you need to be 18 or over. You’re responsible for your account and all the activity on it. You can browse Gift App without registering for an account. But to use some of our features, you’ll need to register, choose a username, and set a password. When you do that, the information you give us has to be accurate and complete. Don’t impersonate anyone else or choose names that are offensive or that violate anyone’s rights. If you don’t follow these rules, we may cancel your account.
You’re responsible for all the activity on your account, and for keeping your password confidential. If you find out that someone has used your account without your permission, you should report it to [email protected].
To sign up for an account, you need to be at least 18 years old, or old enough to form a binding contract where you live. If necessary, we may ask you for proof of age.
Thousands of people use Gift App. We expect all of you to behave responsibly and help keep this a nice place. If you want be a part of this don’t do any of these things on our site:
- Don’t break the law. Don’t take any action that infringes or violates other people’s rights, violates the law, or breaches any contract or legal duty you have toward anyone.
- Don’t lie to people. Don’t post information you know is false, misleading, or inaccurate. Don’t do anything deceptive or fraudulent.
- Don’t offer prohibited items. Don’t offer any rewards that are illegal, violate any of Gift App's policies, rules, or guidelines, or violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance, or regulation.
- Don’t victimize anyone. Don’t do anything threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, tortious, obscene, profane, or invasive of another person’s privacy.
- Don’t spam. Don’t distribute unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional material, or any junk mail, spam, or chain letters. Don’t run mail lists, listservs, or any kind of auto-responder or spam on or through the Site.
- Don’t harm anyone’s computer. Don’t distribute software viruses, or anything else (code, films, programs) designed to interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or equipment on the Site (whether it belongs to Gift App or another party).
- Don’t abuse other users’ personal information. When you use Gift App — and especially if you create a successful page — you may receive information about other users, including things like their names, email addresses, and postal addresses. This information is provided for the purpose of participating in Gift App: don’t use it for other purposes, and don’t abuse it.
- Don't post anything that is - is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, tortious, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, offensive, profane, contains or depicts nudity, contains or depicts sexual activity, or is otherwise inappropriate as determined by us in our sole discretion.
Gift App uses Stripe for payment processing. Creators must meet the requirements outlined in the Stripe Prohibited and Restricted Businesses policy, and make sure your business agrees to their terms.
Gift App is not and should not be held liable for any damages or losses related to your use of the Services. We don’t become involved in disputes between users, or between users and any third party relating to the use of the Services. We don’t oversee the performance or punctuality of pages and contents, and we don’t endorse any content users submit to the Site. When you use the Services, you release Gift App from claims, damages, and demands of every kind — known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, disclosed or undisclosed — arising out of or in any way related to such disputes and the Services. All content you access through the Services is at your own risk. You’re solely responsible for any resulting damage or loss to any party.
Creating an account on Gift App is free. You’re responsible for paying any additional fees or taxes associated with your use of Gift App.
When you use Gift App, you agree that the amount you received will be solely used to purchase the gift for which the payment was made. You further understand that Gift App has the right to permanently deactivate creators who use the amount for other purposes.
We have a standard policy that purchases and fees associated with your account are final and nonrefundable. This is to make sure to protect our creator’s from return scams. However, we will refund your purchase if the creator receives the wrong item and agrees to a refund.
Please reach us out to [email protected] for any help regarding refunds.
Gift App may contain links to other websites. (For instance, user websites pages, user profiles, and comments that may link to other sites.) When you access third-party websites, you do so at your own risk. We don’t control or endorse those sites.
Gift App partners with Stripe for payment processing. When you support or create a page, you’re also agreeing to the payment processor’s terms of service.
- Gift App’s services, content and Marks, are legally protected in a number of ways, including pursuant to copyright, trademark, service marks, patent, trade secrets, and other U.S. and international intellectual-property laws.
- You agree to respect all copyright and other legal notices, information, and restrictions contained in any Gift App Content, Services, or Marks accessed through the Site or the Services.
- You agree not to change, translate, or otherwise create derivative works of the Services.
- Gift App grants you a limited license (that is temporary, non-exclusive, non-sub-licensable, and non-Transferable) to access and use User Content and Gift App’s Content solely for use of the Services in accordance with these Terms.
- You may not reproduce, redistribute, transmit, assign, sell, broadcast, rent, share, lend, modify, adapt, edit, create derivative works of, license, or otherwise transfer or use any User Content or Gift App Content unless We give you express written permission to do so.
- We reserve the right to revoke this limited license to access and use User Content and Gift App Content at any time and in our sole discretion.
- Any royalties or licensing on your Content are your responsibility. You will pay all royalties and other amounts owed to any person or entity based on your Content, or on Gift App’s hosting of that Content.
- You’re responsible for the stuff you post. All information submitted to the Site, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, is the sole responsibility of the person from whom that content originated.
- We’re not responsible for mistakes in your content. Gift App will not be liable for any errors or omissions in any content.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Gift App, Our subsidiaries and affiliated companies, and Our officers, directors, employees, partners, contractors, representatives, agents, and third party providers from and against any and all claims, causes of action, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs) and all amounts paid in settlement arising from or relating to, breach of these Terms or violation of any applicable laws. We reserve the right, in Our sole discretion and at Our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you have agreed to indemnify us and you agree to assist and cooperate with us as reasonably required in the defense or settlement of any such matters.
We at Gift App encourage you to contact us if you’re having an issue, before resorting to the courts. In the unfortunate situation where legal action does arise, these Terms (and all other rules, policies, or guidelines incorporated by reference) will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law, and without application of the Uniform Computer Information Transaction Act or the United Nations Convention of Controls for International Sale of Goods.
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act lays out a system of legal requirements for dealing with allegations of copyright infringement. Gift App complies with the DMCA, and we respond to notices of alleged infringement if they comply with the law and the requirements set forth in our Copyright Policy. We reserve the right to delete or disable content alleged to be infringing, and to terminate accounts for repeat infringers. (We do this when appropriate and at our sole discretion.)
These Terms are the entire agreement between You and Gift App with respect to the Services. They supersede all other communications and proposals (whether oral, written, or electronic) between you and Gift App with respect to the Services and govern our relationship. If any provision of these Terms are deemed invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this Agreement, which shall remain in full force and effect. Gift App's failure to assert any right or provision under this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
We may modify or discontinue the Services at any time, in our sole discretion. You agree that, except as otherwise expressly provided in these Terms, there shall be no third-party beneficiaries to these Terms. No waiver of any provision of these Terms shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term, and Gift App’s failure to assert any right or provision under these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim arising out of or related to the Services must commence within one (1) year after the cause of action accrues. Otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred.